Welcome to Maner
Maner South Carolina | Fence Company & Supplier Serving The Charleston Area
Maner Hardware & Supply Company was founded in February 1951 by W.A. Maner and three associates. Since then, they’ve grown to be a premier Georgia and South Carolina Fence company and supplier. They purchased Jernigan Hardware Co. on Broad Street in Augusta, GA, adding gypsum drywall and other building materials to the inventory. As the business grew and the area prospered with the development of Aiken County, S.C., Maner purchased a site on Wrightsboro Rd in Augusta in 1955 and opened it as Maner Builders Supply Co. In 1961, a new investor joined W.A. Maner Jr. The business continued to prosper with growth from the Augusta area. In 1969, Bob McCrary and David Maner entered the business. McCrary purchased the former investors interest and David Maner began purchasing his father’s interest.
In June 1970, the company purchased Slusky Builder Supply from the estate of Moses Slusky. This business was located on Broad Street in Augusta, GA and specialized in commercial building products and chain link fence. Shortly afterwards, a new location was secured at 3717 Washington Road in Martinez, GA. The company purchased 10+ acres of farmland with access to a railroad siding and to Washington Road. The company consolidated the two existing Augusta locations in 1973 into a warehouse and retail store on this new land. This new location allowed Maner Builders Supply Company to expand its inventory and sales. Such as adding our South Carolina fence location near Charleston – serving the entire Tri-County.